Nisbet Plantation Photo Contest Rules
Here's your chance to turn vacation memories into cash - well,
drinks is more like it.
Visitors know Nevis is a special place. Monkeys steal mangoes and sheep look like goats.
We have pristine beaches, rainforests, a volcano, tropical flowers and historical ruins. And
our people are beautiful!
Share your favorite photo of Nevis or Nisbet Plantation for a chance to win! The winning
photos will be published on our website and shared with the world.
In addition, you'll receive a
fully transferable certificate good for $100 worth of bar beverages
in our Great House or
Sea Breeze Beach Bar to use on your next visit or to pass on to a friend
who will visit.
It's easy to enter!
- Digital image size should be no smaller than 600 pixels wide for landscape
600 pixels tall for portrait view. We have had to discard many fine photos
they are too small to use.
- Save them on your hard drive as a jpeg file and send the photo(s) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. (Please do not embed directly in the body
of the email or send via
file-sharing programs such as Facebook or Flickr. Only attached
photos will be considered.
- Provide a caption, brief description or story of no more than 25 words in your email.
- Include your name and mailing address so we can mail your gift certificate.
- Anyone who has visited Nevis at any time may participate. You could have stayed at
any hotel, home or even visited for a day trip.
- Photos must be your original copyright-free amateur snapshots.
- Certificate can be used only during stays of 4 nights or more at Nisbet Plantation. The certificate is
transferable to friends or relatives and make a great gift. Certificates are good for
one year from the date of issued.
Complex rules - for those who need to read fine print.
- Eligibility. Contest open to amateur photographers only. By submitting a photo you certify
you are 18 years or older on the date of entry (we are serious about these two). Employees, their families and those living in the same household of Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
("Sponsor") and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, suppliers, and
advertising and promotional agencies may not enter. (Sorry Mom, we have to be serious
about this one too.) All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. This Contest is void where prohibited
or restricted by law.
- Judging and selection of winner. All entries will be judged on artistic expression, technical composition, and sense of place. All winners will be notified by mail, or e-mail. Judging will be conducted by a panel of qualified judges designated by Sponsor who are believed to be experts
in the field of photography and CSR & Ting cocktails. The decisions of the judging panel are
final on all matters relating to the Contest.
- Prizes. At least one winner will be selected every other month. Winner(s) will receive a
fully transferable US$100 gift certificate redeemable at Nisbet Plantation's Great House
or Sea Breeze Beach Bar and have his/her winning photograph published on the Nisbet Plantation website. Transportation to and from the Great House or Beach Bar is not included. (Approximate retail value of prize: $100.) Winners may use the certificate for themselves or give it to a friend who will be staying at
Nisbet Plantation. The Certificates can be used, one per stay, only during stays of 4 nights or more at Nisbet Plantation.
- Disclaimer. All winners assume all liability for any damages caused or claimed to be caused in connection with participation in this Contest and, if applicable, the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize, and release Nisbet Plantation, including, without limitation, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and advertising and promotional agents, from any and all such liability. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.